The venue for today’s English class (4th period) is the Reading Area of the HS LRC. Please make sure you have enough battery life to finish the quiz as I will not permit you to charge your laptops. Bring your own copy of King Lear.
1. Don’t forget to type your name and the test type on the document. The test type is “Literary Commentary: King Lear” Write this in the document itself (it does NOT serve as the title). Turnitin will ask you for the test title/type and type that up accordingly.
2. Observe the usual composition guidelines: provide a title, use regular font, size 14 and double-spaced.
3. The essay should have 750-1000 words only. For the sake of a synchronized word count, please use http://wordcounter.net as your official counter. Include the final WORD COUNT data below your essay.
4. You may use any word processor software; however, please save your file document as a .doc or .docx file. Your file document should have a filename with this format: <firstname><lastname>003.doc …. e.g. barbsmagallona003.doc
5. Submit your paper through http://www.turnitin.com. Check your my.xs email to see the invitation to enroll in our turnitin class account.
6. The deadline of the essay is at at 1:50 pm.
7. The grading scale still includes the previous years rubrics: Understanding of the Text (0-5 points), Interpretation of the Text (0-5 points), Appreciation of Literary Features (0-5 points), Presentation (0-5), Formal Language Use (0-5 points). The grade equivalent is as follows:
0-3 = 1
4-7 = 2
8-9 = 3
10-12 = 4
13-16 – 5
17-19 = 6
20-25 = 7